Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Production Technician Position
Job Description: Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the production technician will perform electro-mechanical assembly on hardware for space applications. This role involves a variety of hands-on tasks including assembly and test of aerospace mechanism, cleaning parts, assisting in writing work instructions, and assisting engineering with troubleshooting.
- Work on small precision assemblies, work with small tools underneath a microscope, handle delicate parts.
- Take ownership and maintain documentation for complex, high-reliability assemblies.
- Be able to identify nonconforming parts during assembly process.
- Perform standard manufacturing procedures, rework, and repair on manufactured equipment and products.
- Work with engineers to troubleshoot and solve technical issues.
- Be willing to cross train in multiple areas of specialty.
- Provide input for continuous process improvement, develop more refined ways of manufacturing and assembling mechanical parts and components.
- Follow documented processes.
REQUIREMENTS (skills + qualifications):
- 3+ years’ experience working in an aerospace production environment or similar
- Experience using precision hand tools
- Must have experience performing light mechanical assembly.
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to handle small parts.
- High standard of workmanship a must.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read, understand and work effectively with mechanical drawings and documentation including Bills of Materials, assembly drawings and travelers.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-sufficient and detail-oriented manner.
- Possess strong communication abilities.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, including Excel.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Budding leaders.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.