Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Mechanical Engineering Internship
Job Description: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Intern will support the engineering team to develop mechanical and electromechanical components and systems which meet customer and company requirements.
- Design, and evaluate mechanical/electromechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet program requirements by applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Design products using computer-aided design/drafting equipment and other relevant software.
- Generate engineering documentation including drawings, schematics, and detailed procedures.
- Maintain configuration control of CAD models and engineering documentation using approved Product Data Management.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to define and develop assembly, test and operating procedures.
- Oversee assembly, test, integration, operation, maintenance and repair of products to ensure they are performing to specifications.
- Assist with development, coordination and monitoring of production, including design and fabrication of tooling and fixturing.
- Present technical information in report format.
- Support design reviews and proposal content.
Skills and Requirements:
- Pursuant B.S. (Recent graduate or senior preferred, minimum 3.0 GPA.) or M.S. in mechanical engineering/related field.
- Knowledgeable of drafting practices.
- Skilled at mechanical engineering design using applicable CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks).
- Capable of performing appropriate engineering analysis.
- Effective at communication, including technical writing.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Budding leaders.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.