Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in deployables and antenna solutions designed for CubeSat and SmallSat platforms. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great company that attracts, develops, excites, and retains exceptional people who are revolutionizing deployable and antenna technologies.
Mechanical Engineering Intern
Job description: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Intern will support the engineering team to develop mechanical and electromechanical components and systems which meet customer and company requirements.
- Design, and evaluate mechanical/electromechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet program requirements by applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Design products using computer-aided design/drafting equipment and other relevant software.
- Generate engineering documentation including drawings, schematics, and detailed procedures.
- Maintain configuration control of CAD models and engineering documentation using approved Product Data Management.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to define and develop assembly, test and operating procedures.
- Oversee assembly, test, integration, operation, maintenance and repair of products to ensure they are performing to specifications.
- Assist with development, coordination and monitoring of production, including design and fabrication of tooling and fixturing.
- Present technical information in report format.
- Support design reviews and proposal content.
Skills and requirements:
- Pursuant B.S. (junior or senior year, minimum 3.0 GPA) or M.S. in mechanical engineering/related field.
- Knowledgeable of drafting practices.
- Skilled at mechanical engineering design using applicable CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks).
- Capable of performing appropriate engineering analysis.
- Effective at communication, including technical writing.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Budding leaders.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Please respond with resume, transcripts and references. Only US Citizens may apply.