Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Mechanical Engineer Positions
Job Description: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer at all levels will support the program team to develop mechanical and electromechanical components and systems which meet customer and company requirements.
- Design and evaluate mechanical/electromechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet program requirements by applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Design products using computer assisted design/drafting software.
- Generate engineering documentation including drawings, schematics, and detailed procedures.
- Maintain configuration control of CAD models and engineering documentation using approved Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management tools.
- Recommend design modifications to improve performance, reduce schedule and/or reduce costs.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to define assembly, test and operating procedures.
- Investigate system malfunctions or anomalies, identify root cause and corrective actions, and provide technical information to justify conclusions.
- Oversee assembly, test, integration, operation, maintenance and repair of products to ensure they are performing to specifications.
- Assist with development, coordination and monitoring of all aspects of production including procurement, selection of manufacturing methods, design and fabrication of tooling and fixturing, and review of functional test procedures and testing methods.
- Present technical information in report format.
- Support design reviews and proposal content.
More senior Engineers will also:
- Distill system requirements into component and subsystem requirements.
- Specify system component requirements or direct modification of existing products to ensure conformance with engineering design intent and performance specifications.
- Generate and present technical information in report and oral presentation format.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to fellow engineers.
- Enable other engineers by delegating tasks and providing oversight.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering/related field with varying years of experience (1+ for a MEI, 4+ for MEII, 8+ for ME III); master’s and PhD degrees in related field may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Knowledgeable of drafting practices including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Skilled at mechanical engineering design using applicable CAD software.
- Capable of performing appropriate engineering analysis.
- Effective at communication including technical writing and oral presentations.
- Understanding of project management, including costs and schedules.
- Team oriented.
- Quality focused.
- Effective at time management.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
Title: Mechanical Engineers I, II and III
Position Type: 6-month Contract, Full Time, Exempt
Pay Range: $62,000- $155,000, commensurate with level
Location: Louisville, CO
- Break room stocked with snacks, drinks, coffee/espresso.
- Ping pong and BBQ patio.
- Fun, creative culture.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.