Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Manufacturing + Test Engineer Position
Job Description: Reporting to the Manufacturing manager, the manufacturing and test engineer supports the design and manufacturing of mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing products to required specifications.
- Act as a liaison in support of both the manufacturing and engineering teams through production planning.
- Support planning and coordination of all manufacturing processes.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and CAD drawings.
- Generate assembly build books and associated documents for projects.
- Interact with customers & suppliers to develop relationships, solve issues and support products.
- Support Continuous Improvement by identifying and addressing opportunities to reduce cost, improve product/process and/or improve overall operations.
- Design test fixtures, control apparatus, and equipment.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions.
- Packaging and handling of finished products.
- Reviewing new projects to determine the scope of work and manufacturing requirements
- Coordinate and lead Manufacturing Readiness Review and Test Readiness Review meetings.
Quality + Testing:
- Creation of manufacturing and test documentation including assembly travelers, test procedures and non-conformances.
- Develop test procedures for testing products.
- Create, implement, and maintain quality procedures and processes.
- Resolve quality issues internally and externally.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the quality of products produced and shipped.
- Preparing EIDPs for finished products.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related area.
- Design Engineering and CAD Skills including a strong understanding of GD&T
- Quality Control and attention to detail
- Production Planning
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures
- Thorough understanding of test processes and procedures
- Ability to operate test equipment (thermal chamber, power meters, etc)
- Previous experience in aerospace
- A general understanding of different types of materials and surface coatings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Proactive leaders.
- Focus on excellence.
Title: Manufacturing + Test Engineer
Position Type: 6-month Contract, Full Time, Exempt
Pay Range: $82,000- $116,000
Location: Louisville, CO
- Break room stocked with snacks, drinks, coffee/espresso.
- Ping pong and BBQ patio.
- Fun, creative culture.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.