Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Manufacturing Engineer Position
Job Description: Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, and interfacing with the Engineering Manager, the manufacturing engineer supports the design and manufacturing of mechanical and electro-mechanical products and systems by developing and testing products to required specifications.
- Act as a liaison in support of both the manufacturing and design engineering teams through production planning.
- Provide input into the design process to ensure hardware can be assembled and tested.
- Creation of manufacturing and test documentation including assembly travelers, test procedures and non-conformances.
- Design of assembly and test fixtures, control apparatus, and equipment for complex deployable systems, including creation of CAD and fabrication drawings.
- Support planning and coordination of all manufacturing processes.
- Provide estimates of level of effort and cost for proposals and reviewing new projects to determine the scope of work and manufacturing requirements.
- Support Continuous Improvement by identifying and addressing opportunities to reduce cost, improve product/process and/or improve overall operations.
- Interact with customers & suppliers to develop relationships, solve issues and support products.
- Coordinate and lead Manufacturing Readiness Review and Test Readiness Review meetings.
- Create, implement, and maintain quality procedures and processes.
- Resolve quality issues internally and externally.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the quality of products produced and shipped.
- Preparing EIDPs for finished products.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Design engineering and CAD skills, including a strong understanding of GD&T
- Quality control and attention to detail
- Production planning
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures
- Thorough understanding of test processes and procedures
- Ability to operate test equipment (thermal chamber, power meters, etc)
- Prior experience in aerospace
- A general understanding of different types of materials and surface coatings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.