Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the IT Specialist Position
Job Description: Reporting to President + CEO, the IT Specialist is responsible for the planning, design, installation, and on-going administration of all software, hardware/equipment and systems related to MMA’s small business IT needs. The IT Specialist will support the entire team, and drive technology improvements to the benefit of business operations.
- Maintain and update our internal IT Roadmap, make technology acquisition recommendations as necessary
- Develop and implement IT guidelines, policies, standards and procedures
- Define priorities and schedules for systems administration management
- Oversee and manage the procurement of IT equipment and software
- Remain informed of new IT developments and trends in the industry and make recommendations for improvements to our Executive Team
- Define business requirements for security, and oversee information security operations to protect company and customer data with effective safeguards
- Direct the planning, design, installation, and on-going administration of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), firewalls, unified communications, virtual environments, and private/public/hybrid clouds
- Vendor management and negotiation.
Office 365 and SharePoint administration
- Ensuring the operational health of the Office 365, Teams and SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability
- Administration, support and configuration of MS Office 365 for staff
- Maintenance/sustainment of existing client SharePoint sites and sub sites, lists, libraries, and content (including pages, workflows, and items)
- Maintenance/sustainment of additional complementary functionality for customer sub sites, lists, libraries, and content
- Troubleshoot Office 365 related issues when alerted by monitoring software
General IT: End-user support and training for hardware and software
- Training and educating end-users on Office 365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, Teams, OneNote, Outlook etc)
- Providing end-user support for all PC based hardware, applications and services
- New user setup including configuring hardware, software, network printing, etc.
- Maintain and provide support for all IT infrastructure
- Provide support and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot and correct OS, network and storage related issues
Operational Security, Maintenance and Governance
- Responsible for controls of the company’s IT system by providing documented assurance that access to computer resources (data, equipment and facilities) is reasonable and restricted to authorized individuals
- Perform software upgrades and patches (bios, firmware upgrades, etc.)
- Troubleshoot various Office 365 issues including connectivity and mobility
- Conduct routine monitoring and analysis of systems
Skills and Requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience as an IT Specialist with:
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Office 365, including SharePoint
- Network Configuration
- Possession of strong organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Experience with NIST security requirements a plus.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Project management.
- Process improvement.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Multi-tasking and time management.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.