Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in deployables and antenna solutions designed for CubeSat and SmallSat platforms. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great company that attracts, develops, excites, and retains exceptional people who are revolutionizing deployable and antenna technologies.
Embedded Systems Engineer II
Job Description: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Embedded Systems Engineer will work closely within the program team to develop software and electronic components to support electromechanical control needs for deployable space systems.
- Design and development of embedded systems for deployable space systems.
- Develop control algorithms for embedded control electronics.
- Design and development of embedded, microcontroller-based electronics for space applications.
- Upgrade/modify existing embedded systems software (C language) or circuitry as needed.
- Work with project technical lead to develop technical specifications based on system level requirements.
- Analyze system technical issues and develop appropriate resolutions.
- Coordinate with system design and development and integration and test teams to plan and complete assigned projects within deadlines.
- Participate in system design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Identify technical risks and challenges and propose action plans.
- Support integrating control modules into systems and support integration testing.
- Assist in preparing control system design and architecture documents.
- Provide support in system testing and bug fixing activities.
- Adhere to system development lifecycle processes.
- Specify system component requirements to ensure conformance with engineering design intent and performance specifications.
- Generate engineering documentation including code repositories, schematics, and PCB Gerber files.
- Maintain configuration control of embedded software code, electrical schematic designs, PCB layouts and BOMS using approved Product Lifecycle Management tools.
- Recommend design modifications to improve performance, reduce schedule and/or reduce costs.
- Confer with other project personnel to define assembly, test and operating procedures.
- Investigate system malfunctions or anomalies, identify root cause and corrective actions, and provide technical information to justify conclusions.
- Assist with development, coordination and monitoring of all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, design and fabrication of tooling and fixturing, and review of functional test procedures and testing methods.
- Present technical information in report format.
- Contribute to design reviews and proposal content.
Skills and Requirements:
- A.S. in embedded systems design/related field with 6+ years of experience; a bachelor’s, master’s and PhD degree(s) in related field may be substituted for 2 years of experience per degree.
- Familiar with space-industry standards for electronics, design factors of safety, and product verification.
- Proficient with schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Adept at software development for embedded applications with microcontrollers.
- Capable of performing appropriate engineering analyses.
- Effective at communication including technical writing and oral presentations.
- Understanding of project management, including costs and schedules.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Budding leaders.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
You will join a fun, collaborative team committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume, transcripts and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
MMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.