Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Electronic Systems Engineer Position
Job Description: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Electronics Systems Engineer will work closely within the program team to develop electronic motor control systems to support electromechanical control needs for deployable space systems.
- Work with project technical lead to develop technical specifications for motor control systems based on system level requirements.
- Upgrade/modify existing embedded motor control systems as needed.
- Modify schematics as needed for new systems integration
- Identify suitable replacements for unavailable/obsolete parts
- Identify software revisions needed to support requirements
- Generate engineering documentation including code repositories, schematics, and PCB Gerber files.
- Generate application-specific cable designs and supporting drawings
- Maintain configuration control of embedded software code, electrical schematic designs, PCB layouts and BOMs using approved Product Lifecycle Management tools.
- Analyze system technical issues and develop appropriate resolutions.
- Coordinate with system design and development and integration and test teams to plan and complete assigned projects within deadlines.
- Participate in system design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Identify technical risks and opportunities and propose action plans.
- Support integrating control modules into systems and support integration testing.
- Assist in preparing control system design and architecture documents.
- Provide support in system testing and bug fixing activities.
- Adhere to system development lifecycle processes.
- Specify system component requirements to ensure conformance with engineering design intent and performance specifications.
- Recommend design modifications to improve performance, reduce schedule and/or reduce costs.
- Confer with other project personnel to define assembly, test and operating procedures.
- Investigate electronic system malfunctions or anomalies, identify root cause and corrective actions, and provide technical information to justify conclusions.
- Assist with development, coordination and monitoring of all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, design and fabrication of tooling and fixturing, and review of functional test procedures and testing methods.
- Present technical information in report format.
- Contribute to design reviews and proposal content.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. in electrical engineering, electronics systems design or related field with 5 years of experience; a master’s or experience with electronics design for space applications may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Familiar with space-industry standards for electronics, design factors of safety, and product verification is desired
- Proficient with schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Familiar with software development for embedded applications with microcontrollers in C.
- Capable of performing appropriate engineering analyses.
- Effective at communication including technical writing and oral presentations.
- Understanding of project management, including costs and schedules.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.