Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Electro-mechanical Technician Position
Job Description: Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the electro-mechanical technician will perform mechanical assembly and testing on hardware for space applications. This role involves a variety of hands-on tasks including assembly and testing, cleaning parts, assisting in writing work instructions, assisting engineering with troubleshooting, and may participate in quality control.
- Performs electromechanical assembly and test on hardware, cleaning parts and assist with writing work instructions.
- Follows standard operating procedures.
- Participates in quality control.
- All work performed should be in accordance with Company design specifications, quality standards, and engineering direction.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong mechanical and electronic aptitude.
- Skilled working with hands and mechanical equipment.
- Expert at Harnesses assembly. (NASA STD 8937.4 certification).
- Expert at hand soldering surface mount component (PWA assembly) (IPC J-STD-001).
- Ability to work in regulated environment under document control.
- Ability to read, understand and work effectively with mechanical/schematic drawings and documentation including Bills of Materials, assembly drawings and travelers.
- Ability to maintain documentation in a timely manner to accurately capture the status of work in progress.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-sufficient and detail-oriented manner.
- Demonstrated ability to carefully follow written standard operating procedures.
- Very comfortable with basic arithmetic skills, such as unit conversions.
- Proficiency in standard mechanical manufacturing practices, including torqueing, staking, harnessing, reading drawings & work instructions.
- Experience with test equipment such as load cells, multi-meters, power supplies, and Source Meters.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to keep work area clean and maintain organize (5S system).
- Knowledge of 3D printing, Solidworks, and composites a plus.
MMA also values:
- Strong communication skills.
- Collaborative team players with a good work ethic.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.