Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Electrical Designer Position
Job Description: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Electrical Designer will work closely with the team to develop electro-mechanical designs, generate documentation, and support procurement and manufacturing for deployable space systems.
- Generate electrical schematics and wiring diagrams from sketches, drawings, datasheets, and verbal direction.
- Design, prepare, and revise diagrams, electrical systems, bills of material, and component drawings for formal submittal into product lifecycle management (PLM) software.
- Develop wire harness drawings for space systems, accounting for strain relief, shielding, current-carrying capacity, splicing, and proper termination.
- Perform other engineering-related tasks as required such as analysis, manufacturing support, layout work, and supplier contact.
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Translate engineering requirements to source and vendor control documentation.
- Catalog vendor- and supplier-controlled components, models, and specifications.
- Interface with engineering and manufacturing activities, as applicable.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associate Degree in an Engineering Technology or equivalent required, with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience; Bachelor’s Degree in related field may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Experience transitioning product design from Engineering to Manufacturing.
- Experience releasing specifications, drawings and ECNs into a PLM software (e.g. ARAS/PDX/Agile).
- Experience industry-related standards such as IPC and INST-002.
- Knowledge of drafting principals and applicable software; experience with Visio a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to create clear technical diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout design using an electronic design automation (EDA) software such as Altium or KiCad.
- Familiarity with mechanical computer aided design software such as SolidWorks.
MMA highly values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
Title: Electrical Designer
Position Type: Full Time, exempt
Pay Range: $50,000- $85,000
Location: Louisville, CO
- 100% company-paid health and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective immediately.
- Life insurance
- Bonus / profit-sharing program
- Access to other, employee-paid coverages, such as dental, accident, STD/LTD, etc.
- 401k (minimum 3% company contribution whether you contribute or not)
- Generous PTO (3 weeks minimum PTO, 12 paid holidays throughout the year, WorkFlex)
- Break room stocked with snacks, drinks, coffee/espresso; ping pong and BBQ patio.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.