Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in deployables and antenna solutions designed for CubeSat and SmallSat platforms. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great company that attracts, develops, excites, and retains exceptional people who are revolutionizing deployable and antenna technologies.
Job Description: Reporting to the Manufacturing/Shop Manager, this candidate will set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and assemblies. You will fabricate highly specialized, complex parts for the aerospace industry. This role requires knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining principles and procedures.
- Independently set up and troubleshoot CNC or manual machines.
- Manufacturing parts to print from CAD model.
- Inspecting your own work– visually and dimensionally.
- Ensuring that company quality standards are maintained.
Skills and Requirements:
- 10-15 years (minimum) CNC machining experience.
- Familiar with HAAS milling machines.
- CAM system programming required, GibbsCam preferred.
- Understanding of speeds, feeds and materials properties.
- Ability to read blueprints along with GD&T.
- High attention to detail and pride in producing quality parts.
- Possess basic tools: micrometer, calipers, indicator and hand tools.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills such as excel, email and navigating windows.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
MMA also values:
- Strong communication skills.
- Collaborative team players with a good work ethic.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
You will join a fun, collaborative team committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume, transcripts and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
MMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.