Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the CNC Machinist Position
Job Description: Reporting to the Manufacturing/Shop Manager, MMA is seeking a qualified, self-motivated, dependable prototype machinist who can work independently. Candidate will be responsible for making parts from start to finish, including material preparation, understanding of material properties as well as appropriate speeds & feeds, programming, machine set-up and final inspection.
- Independently set-up 3-, 4- and 5-axis HAAS CNC milling machines.
- Developing efficient and accurate CNC GibbsCam programs from a 3D solid.
- Work closely with engineering and production team to understand production and machining requirements.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and provide constructive feedback regarding manufacturability back to design engineers.
- Regular cleaning and light maintenance on equipment.
- Keeping a clean well organized working area
- Complies with MMA’s quality and safety requirements.
- Stay on task and ensure scheduled work is completed on time.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional manner with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Responsible for the inspection of machined parts – visually and dimensionally.
- Ensuring that company quality standards are maintained.
- Ability to read blueprints along with GD&T.
- High attention to detail and pride in producing quality parts.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, several times per day.
- Ability to stand, kneel, stoop, squat; in addition to use arms, hands, and fingers to inspect objects, tools, and controls with dexterity.
- Basic computer skills and navigation such as excel, email and navigating windows.
MMA also values:
- Strong communication skills.
- Collaborative team players with a good work ethic.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
Title: CNC Machinist
Position Type: 6-month Contract, Full Time, Exempt
Pay Range: $74,000- $98,000
Location: Louisville, CO
- Break room stocked with snacks, drinks, coffee/espresso.
- Ping pong and BBQ patio.
- Fun, creative culture.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.