Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Configuration Management / PLM Specialist Position
Job Description: Working under general supervision from the engineering team, and reporting to the engineering manager, the CM/PLM Specialist functions as an auditor and administrator for the Product Data Management (PDM Workgroup/Standard) and Product Lifecycle Management (PDXpert) tools.
- Provide configuration management support for multiple programs.
- Design and develop processes around part lifecycle, product development and part creation to enable the engineering team to manage components seamlessly.
- Coordinate engineering drawing review and sign-off within PLM tool.
- Establish, audit and maintain correct, required configuration data in PLM tool.
- Utilize and maintain engineering, configuration and data management procedures.
- Operate, input and manage configuration and documentation status using PLM tool.
- Review and audit drawings and product structures against established standards and advise engineers on best practices in relation to those standards.
- Prepare and ship data items in accordance with contract requirements.
- Gather and provide necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings.
- Support Systems Engineering with management of requirements and critical program data.
- Support program teams and engineering staff in utilization of PLM tools and processes.
- Closely coordinate with engineering leadership on implementation and process improvement.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in an engineering or IT related field plus 2+ years related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each degree of education.
- Basic knowledge of multiple CAD exchange formats (IGES, STEP, etc.)
- Experience managing files using PDM and PDXPert.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Experience using 3D Modeling Solidworks platform, CSWA or CSWP preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and comfortable learning new databases.
- Experience utilizing databases to manage technical and engineering data.
- Ability to review and assess data integrity against standards, and train others to understand and adhere to those standards.
- Basic knowledge of machining and space flight hardware materials and processes.
- Effective communicator and facilitator.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Assist in the preparation of effective reports and presentations.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.