Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the CAD Designer Position
Job Description: Working under supervision from the Lead Designer, and reporting to the engineering manager, the CAD Designer is responsible for producing, managing, and revising engineering drawings and working to support our Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management tools.
- Work with Design Engineers to create or modify multiple drawing types (i.e. assembly, detail, interface control, source control, wiring).
- Create 3D models of assemblies and parts and generate corresponding drawings using CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks) as applicable.
- Interpret and incorporate redline changes to existing engineering documents.
- Maintain configuration control of CAD models and engineering documentation using approved Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management tools.
- Generate bill of materials (BOMs).
- Understand and implement Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Assist in troubleshooting assemblies for fit, form and function.
- Contribute to design reviews and proposal content.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Associate degree in computer aided design, mechanical drafting.
- Prior work experience: 1-2 year experience with degree. Equivalent progressive work experience equal to 4-5 years without degree.
- Basic knowledge of machining and space flight hardware materials and processes.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with GD&T.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Basic knowledge of multiple CAD exchange formats (IGES, STEP, etc.).
- Experience managing files using Product Data Management tools.
- Proficient with drafting practices and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Adept at mechanical engineering design using applicable CAD software.Experience with photorealistic rendering and animation of 3D models preferred (PhotoView, KeyShot, etc).
- Must have attention to detail.
- Effective at time management.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Proactive leaders.
- Focus on excellence.
Title: CAD Designer
Position Type: Full Time, exempt
Pay Range: $54,000- $79,000
Location: Louisville, CO
- 100% company-paid health and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective immediately.
- Life insurance
- Bonus / profit-sharing program
- Access to other, employee-paid coverages, such as dental, accident, STD/LTD, etc.
- 401k (minimum 3% company contribution whether you contribute or not)
- Generous PTO (3 weeks minimum PTO, 12 paid holidays throughout the year, WorkFlex)
- Break room stocked with snacks, drinks, coffee/espresso, ping pong and BBQ patio.
MMA IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.