MMA is looking for creative and competent engineers for full-time salaried positions. You will join a fun, collaborative team committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. WE ARE a dynamic, growing company that values each employee’s unique contributions. YOU ARE a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills. THIS IS an outstanding opportunity for a highly-motivated person to grow their skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline with at least ten years of experience as a Design/Systems Engineer in the aerospace industry—a M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline may supplant five years of experience.
- Experience designing/manufacturing space flight hardware with an emphasis in fiber-reinforced composites. A design portfolio is strongly encouraged for the interview.
- Competent with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Strong mechanical and structural skills; knowledge of electrical systems a plus.
- Proficient with computer solid modeling (e.g. SolidWorks), MS Excel,; familiarity with mathematical software (e.g. Mathcad) and scheduling software (e.g. MS PowerPoint) a plus
- Experience working with quality assurance systems within the aerospace industry including: manufacturing documentation, data packages, and integration/test procedures.
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive, professional attitude is an absolute must.
A strong candidate will also possess:
- Skill and experience developing designs for space-vehicle mechanisms and/or space-deployable structures.
- Understanding of Classical Lamination Theory (CLT)
- Background in solar-array design/manufacturing
- Proficiency with Finite Element Analysis (thermal and structural).
- Familiarity with space-borne RF systems.
- A knack for finding creative solutions to engineering challenges.
- Experience dealing with vendors, sourcing equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Skills applicable to rapid prototyping.
- Top secret clearance or higher.
- PhD in a related field.
We offer a flexible work environment, excellent benefits and a competitive salary. The position offers great potential for rapid development and advancement. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
MMA Design LLC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.