Aerospace Design and Systems Engineers
MMA is looking for creative and competent engineers for full-time salaried positions. You will join a fun, collaborative team committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. WE ARE a dynamic, growing company that values each employee’s unique contributions. YOU ARE a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills. THIS IS an outstanding opportunity for a highly-motivated person to grow their skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline with at least ten years of experience as a Design/Systems Engineer in the aerospace industry—a M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline may supplant five years of experience.
- Experience designing and/or manufacturing space flight hardware and fixtures. A design portfolio will be required at the time of interview.
- Competent with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Strong mechanical and structural skills; knowledge of electrical systems a plus.
- Proficient with Solidworks, Mathcad, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with quality assurance systems within the aerospace industry including: manufacturing documentation, data packages, and integration/test procedures.
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive, professional attitude is an absolute must.
A strong candidate will also possess:
- Skill and experience developing designs for space-vehicle mechanisms and/or space-deployable structures.
- Proficiency with Finite Element Analysis (thermal and structural).
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing and test (e.g. soldering, wire routing, diagnostics).
- Familiarity with space-borne RF systems.
- A knack for finding creative solutions to engineering challenges.
- Experience dealing with vendors, sourcing equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Skills applicable to rapid prototyping.
- Technical writing experience.
- Top secret clearance or higher.
- PhD in a related field.
We offer a flexible work environment, excellent benefits and a competitive salary. The position offers great potential for rapid development and advancement. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.